A1 Compressor is seeking a Director of Operations.
The role is responsible for providing strategic leadership and working with the Senior Leadership team to drive growth and executing strategic goals in our Oklahoma City and Atlanta locations in regard to the manufacturing operations. This will be done by fostering a spirit of continuous improvement, breaking down and analyzing processes, and establishing a strong team with goals, milestones and timelines. This role will be based in our Atlanta, GA facility.
To the right candidate we offer
- Competitive earnings: base + performance incentives
- Benefits package including health, dental, 401K, paid time off
- Leadership training for professional and personal development
- Team oriented, high-achieving work environment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversight of manufacturing/remanufacturing operations in Oklahoma City, OK and Atlanta, GA.
- Along with Leadership Team, develop company strategic direction and execute plan
- Business and Financial planning with Senior management
- Recognize, plan and implement automation solutions
- Oversight of company quality assurance measures and ISO certification
- Define and implement cost control measures
- Define and implement lean manufacturing initiatives
- Production staff training, development, hiring and performance review
- Ensure adequate stock of manufactured items to meet customer demand
- Produce to budget
- Production machinery asset management.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, manufacturing engineering or a related field
- 10+ years in a leadership role in an ISO certified manufacturing environment with at least 10 manufacturing employees and at least 250 SKUs
- 10+ years lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience including kaizen events, 5S, pull systems and waste elimination
- 3+ years selection, placement and implementation of mechatronic solutions including robotics, fixturing, work holdings, part presentation (pick and place) etc.
- Experience troubleshooting and correction of typical manufacturing & automation issues
- Able to interpret standard company financial documents
- Able to interpret technical drawings of machinery components
- Strong, professional communication/self aware
- Able to manipulate data in Office suite software and ERP/MRP systems
Bonus Points for
- Experience with multi location management
- Experience with manufacturing job scheduling to a production deadline for at least 250 SKUs
- Experience with programming/troubleshooting PLC and related devices
- Work with commercial/industrial HVAC and/or refrigeration systems and equipment